Instant Pot Breakfast Groatmeal
Step aside rolled oats! There's a new breakfast powerhouse in town! This little oat kernel contains all its phytonutrients to help you power through your day with no crashing and no hunger for HOURS. Cook once and eat differently all week with my suggested add ins!
- 2 cups organic groats
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- pinch of salt and pepper
Add all ingredients to your Instant Pot and set it for full pressure for 5 minutes. Make sure your valve is closed and when the pressure cooking is complete, allow to remain on warm for 90 minutes.
Remove lid and fluff with a fork. Transfer to a baking sheet and allow to cool. Place is a sealable container and then in fridge to eat all week or store in a sealed container in the freezer for 3 months.
Add one cup groats to a bowl (or a sauce pan) and about 1/4 cup plant-based milk beverage. Warm on stove top or microwave for 30 seconds.
- chopped walnuts
- chopped apple
- pumpkin puree
- steamed + chopped dark greens
- flax meal
- chia seeds
- hemp seeds
Some things happening at the Center for Plant-based Living:
1. Check out our latest classes: https://www.cpbl-stl.com/classes
2. To purchase some of the kitchen tools I use https://tinyurl.com/yyacj2cg
3. To subscribe to the weekly Plant-based Quick Cooking Show: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCExWwoBh6fvdOgghkjh0U1A?
COMING SOON – Virtual Membership.
Thank you for your continued support!